Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Does Belief in God Make Suffering Harder to accept?

Here is a Blog I get... This one really made me think....
How about you?

Oct 29, 2007 (yesterday)
Does Belief In God Make Suffering Harder To Accept?
from FriendlyChristian.com by mrbill9999@gmail.com (Bill Cecchini)
A few years ago I realized acceptance is essential to living a happy life. It also occurred to me that acceptance may be simpler for atheists.
When Christians encounter personal suffering or tragedy, there’s always a ‘why’ question that has to be dealt with, namely:
“Why did God, who is all-powerful and claims to love me, allow this to happen?”
When atheists encounter personal suffering or tragedy (any type which isn’t directly caused by another human), it’s ‘just the way it is’. There’s no person behind it to ask ‘why?’ to.
I think this makes such things easier to accept (not easy, but easier) than if God is in the picture.
What do you think?

No comments: