Monday, November 19, 2012

Oliver Twist Focus on the Family Radio Theatre

I grew up on Musicals.  I can sing all the songs from My Fair Lady, South Pacific, Sound of Music, One and Only Genuine Original Family Band and many other Disney or family wholesome films.

One of my favorites as a child was Oliver.  The story touched my heart seeing this boy, forgotten to the world.  Yet his soulful songs keep him grounded.

I still remember signing "Who will buy these wonderful feelings"... or "I'd do anything for you dear..."

So when I saw that Focus on the Family's award winning Radio Theatre were doing Oliver I was very excited.  Then when I got an email that I could receive it to review for Free I was overwhelmed!

So Thanks to Tyndale Publishing who have given me this 5 CD + 1 DVD set for free for my review!

In true Radio Theatre fashion this is a HIGH quality production.  Very compelling acting and professional sounding voices, as many of them are accomplished and award winning actors.

Now if you are familiar with Oliver the Musical, or have seen Oliver Twist the newer version of the movie, you know that there are some similarities.  Yet if you have never read the book you are in for a surprise.  The book has many twists and another 2 story lines that are not developed in the films.  These Story lines are somewhat difficult for young ages to understand.  I wouldn't recommend this for younger then 10.  Yet this audio did a tremendous job at bringing this classic to life!

I loved this... In fact I listened to it within 2 days as I couldn't stop listening!

If you are a fan of Radio Theatre or Dramatized Audio books then you will not be disappointed with this.

1 comment:

Britt said...

I had never watched the movies or read the book, but I really loved this presentation. I understand why this is a classic book now. It is great! Unfortunately, most people seem to think of a "classic" as boring; or as Mark Twain said"A classic is a book that everybody talks about and nobody reads."