Sunday, September 5, 2010

Hebrews 10:23 Do I trust God? REALLY?!?!

Heb 10:23 "Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise."
We discussed this group of verses (Heb. 10:19-23) this morning in our prayer group. And this one stuck out. "For God can be trusted..."

Then our sermon was on trusting him with our measure of success. Not the world, not our job, our health or our families. But trusting HIM!

I am sitting here with thousands of thoughts going through my mind about what my measure of success is. It use to be my work. I was the youngest Assistant Manager in Wal-Mart history, then the youngest District Manager in Family Christian Stores history at the time.

Then little by little my success was found in my 'things'. I liked having either owned or seen all the new movies or even the new music. I wanted to be known as knowing that stuff.... Then it became my family and caring for their needs...

lately though God has been shifting us. We have been trimming back. Cut out the newspaper, the Cable, the Movie rentals, and soon even netflix... We are trying to cut out the EXCESS fat in our spending in order to get out of debt and be able to help more people who are in need... But not for our glory but for GOD'S!!

Verse 24 says "Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works." That is what our family wants to do.. to point others to JESUS!!

Yet in chapter 11 I read the FAITH CHAPTER...
There were the people that seemingly had it all together.
God had blessed them and promised them GREATNESS!!
Yet the people of faith died without seeing what was promised them.

Do I trust God enough to allow him to use me even if I can't see the outcome?
Do I trust God to pull at my strings and say "SELL YOUR HOUSE!" "Downsize" "Sell the Van and by a clunker...

The Prophet Hosea was told by God to marry an unfaithful woman and he listened... Every time he found her in bed with another man, or himself caring for another child that was not his, he trusted God. He knew that God had a plan even when he couldn't and didn't see the end in site.

I am willing to Trust God that his PROMISE might be the promise of a heavenly home when I die? Can I trust that? Can I put the things of this life in jeopardy for a call from God?

Now friends, be sure to get this... I have yet to sell my house and down size... but that doesn't mean it won't happen. I know I trust God enough to provide... for others...

"Lord, I believe! Help my un-belief!"

No comments: