Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Heart Mender by Andy Andrews

I flew into Grand Rapids, MI this week for a conference. I decided I would read a book since the flights were shorter and the Podcasts I have stored up wouldn't really come in handy due to the shorter times.

So I picked up an advanced Reader Copy of the Heart Mender that came out in May.
This book is by Andy Andrews who has written other works, one of which is the Noticer.

I didn't have any background on the book before hand, thinking it was just another great fiction read. This work blew me away and I couldn't put it down. In fact I had it finished before I even boarded my plane.

The Heart Mender is a story about Forgiveness. 2 lives from lives that lead them to hate what the other represents are brought together through a twist of fate. A True Joseph story such as Joseph of Egypt in the Bible. What man had intended for harm turned out to be for good.

this story is full of numerous references to Historical facts that leave you scratching your head at the end... was it true... Are they real?? Seriously!?!?!?!

As well, along the way you will see the story of forgiveness played out in the lives of the main characters.

It is funny how in our lives the SIMPLEST things, the things that Christ shock his head and said "You unbelieving generation... How many times must I tell you this...". Those simple things can be the hardest to grasp.

If you are suffering from un-forgiveness, maybe you feel you can't forgive a hurt or a wrong, maybe someone won't forgive you and you continually try to seek it to the point of obsession. This book is written for you.

Throughout time fiction has been used to tell stories which ultimately can change your life.

This book will do that for you!

No comments: