Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Thoughts on Matt. 14

It has been a while since I posted anything on here.

Well had some thoughts I wanted to share.
Our church is reading through the NT this year. Today is Matt. 14.
My favorite story is the feeding of the 5,000 as it always holds true.
It shows our human failures:
we 1) are too quick to just send away the needy
In our mind 2) It just is NEVER the right time or place for God to work.
But it doesn't just show us how we fail but it gives us the pattern for success.

1) Start with what you have. What has God given you? A Passion for a people, a Need?
then 2) Give it to Jesus. Only through Him will you succeed.
The prayer group on Sunday was about Obeying...
Some thoughts were ratteling around in my head during this:

Jesus is all we need.
BY HIS STRENGTH Not mine.
FOR HIS GLORY not mine.
BY HIS POWER not mine
FOLLOW HIS WILL not mine
IN HIS TIMING not mine
FOR HIS PRAISE not mine
GIVE HIM RECOGNITION not me

I AM WEAK... HE IS STRONG.
I am screwed up... HE IS PERFECT
I Fail... He Doesn't. HE CAN'T
I am the puppet... I WILL LET YOU BE THE MASTER!
I can't do this... YOU CAN AND WILL
My knees are weak... YOU'LL HELP ME STAND

Remember when you read this passage from Matt. 14 the final step that we must take.
TO OBEY!

No comments: