Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Noticer by Andy Andrews!


My favorite teacher throughout college was a History teacher who made less focal the dates, and more focal the STORY of history. I began to love this class. Each week we would have 1 day that was dedicated to the conspiracy theories that were surrounding the topics we were discussing.

Jesus also felt the call to tell truths in story. His parables told truths that hit people where they were and helped changed them.

There was a book that many of my friends, colleges had read and stated ‘you must read this’… the expectations were set high to a point I was afraid to be let down.

It was with these expectations that I started reading the Noticer by Andy Andrews. After reading the book almost completely in one afternoon I knew that the reviews were RIGHT!

This book takes truths that will help you live your life such as 4 key ways that we express and feel Loved, and then tells them in a story that makes it sink in deeper than a how to book.

It is like a professor stated in reviewing why Tolkien and Lewis did so well at creating a world said “You have to create a world that, even when unbelievable, becomes real.”
Jones is the main character in this book. Not Mr. Jones, just Jones. This man comes into the lives of people he meets at critical times and speaks truth, truths that give them perspective on how they live.

I would love to go into more detail and say all the things that I loved about this book, but I do not want to ruin it for you… Let me just say, BUY THIS BOOK! You must read it. You won’t be disappointed!

I would rate this as one of the most influential books I have read and one that I would buy for EVERYONE I know. It's just that good!

Visit http://www.thenoticerproject.com for more information about "The Noticer Project."

No comments: