Sunday, August 2, 2009
Review of "Fearless" by Max Lucado
“Fear, it seems, has taken a hundred-year lease on the building next-door and set up shop. Oversize and rude, fear is unwilling to share the heart with happiness. Happiness complies. Do you ever see the two together? Can one be happy and afraid at the same time? Clear thinking and afraid? Confident and afraid? No. Fear is the big bully in the high school hallway: brash, loud, and unproductive. For all the noise fear makes and room it takes, fear does little good.
Fear Never wrote a symphony or poem, negotiated a peace treaty, or cured disease. Fear never pulled a family out of poverty or a country out of bigotry. Fear never saved a marriage or a business. Courage did that. Faith did that. People who refused to consult or cower to their timidities did that. But fear itself? Fear heards us into prison and slams the doors.
Wouldn’t it be great to walk out?” (Fearless by Max Lucado pg 5).
How many of us have ever been afraid? How many of us have let Satan keep us away from greatness thanks to fear and anxiety. I once wrote a short story portraying Fear as a character who would sink it’s long knife like claws into you and not let go. (see my previous blog http://idratherbecaving.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-05-21T22%3A57%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=10)…
Wouldn’t you love to live a life where fear doesn’t win out! Fear doesn’t hold back?
Fearless the upcoming book by Max Lucado will help take us to that place. In his book, to be released on Sept. 8th, 2009, Lucado does a tremendous job at talking to us all, where we are, and in a way we all can relate and understand.
Here are the chapter titles that I am sure we all relate with numerous of these…
1) Why are We Afraid?
2) The Villagers of Stiltsville: Fear of not mattering
3) God’s Ticked Off at Me: Fear of Disapointing God
4) Woo, Be Gone: Fear of Running Out
5) My Child is in Danger: Fear of not Protecting My Kids
6) I’m Sinking Fast: Fear of Overwhelming Challenges
7) There’s a Dragon in My Closet: Fear of Worst-Case Scenarios
8) This Brutal Planet: Fear of Violence
9) Make-Believe Money: Fear of the Coming Winter
10) Scared to Death: Fear of Life’s Final Moments
11) Caffeinated Life: Fear of What’s Next
12) The Shadow of a Doubt: Fear that God is Not Real
13) What if Things Get Worse? : Fear of Global Calamity
14) The One Healthy Terror: Fear of God Getting Out of My Box
Prebuy this title at your local Family Christian Stores. It will change your life! http://www.familychristian.com/shop/search.asp