Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hymns or Chorus'

Here is a bit of a joke to continue the whole thought between the Hymns and Chorus' fight... By the way when someone likes one or the other it generally has to do with the era they were saved or the style they are most familiar with.. We are predisposed to not like the unfamiliar or uncomfortable.

The way we might sing some well-known hymns if we were being honest!

- I Surrender - Some
- There Shall Be Sprinkles of Blessings
- Fill My Spoon, Lord
- Oh, How I Like Jesus
- He’s Quite a Bit to Me

- I Love to Talk About Telling the Story
- Take My Life and Let Me Be
- It Is My Secret What God Can Do
- There Is Scattered Cloudiness in My Soul Today
- Where He Leads Me, I Will Consider Following

- Just As I Pretend to Be
- When the Saints Go Sneaking In
- Sit Up, Sit Up for Jesus
- A Comfy Mattress Is Our God
- Self-Esteem to the World, The Lord Is Come

- Oh, for a Couple of Tongues to Sing
- Amazing Grace, How Interesting the Sound
- Go Tell It on the Speed Bump
- Lord, Keep Us Loosely Connected to Your Word
- Praise God From Whom All Affirmations Flow

- My Hope Is Built on Nothing Much
- O, God, Our Enabler in Ages Past
- I Lay My Inappropriate Behavior on Jesus
- Pillow of Ages, Fluffed for Me
- All Hail the Influence of Jesus’ Name!

- When Peace, Like a Trickle
- We Give Thee but Still Think We Own
- What an Acquaintance We Have in Jesus
- My Faith Looks Around for Thee
- Joyful, Joyful We Think Thee Pretty Good

- Above Average Is Thy Faithfulness
- We Are Milling Around in the Light of God
- Spirit of the Living God, Fall Somewhere Near Me
- Blest Be the Tie that Doesn’t Cramp My Style
- Sweet Moments of Prayer

No comments: