Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Civic or Moral Duty

Where were you yesterday when the earth watched? Where were you when the TV's interrupted their normal brodcasts? Did you see? Did you hear?

I sat in my office yesterday working on paperwork and reviews and listened to history. You know the beauty of history is that it does not matter if you understand it, believe in it or fully want it; History will still happen.

The question that comes to my mind is how will we now respond to this history?
Will I sit in judgement, fighting it at each step?
Or will I fall to my knees in my God given duty to PRAY for this new President.

I may not have voted for him, but I could feel the pride, the nervousness and all the other emotions of the hour. I watched in pride as this country made an African American our President.
Am I worried, am I fearful, do I wonder how he will rule?

NO! For it is all in the hands of one who controls these type of things.
My PAPA holds this in his hands.
He knows what will come of this.
To HIM I will pray daily for my President and his family.
May he serve in wisdom and be open to the opinions of those with godly wisdom.

No comments: