Friday, September 26, 2008

Politics....

Alright,
So I watched the debate on the Intranet... at least a portion of it...

couple comments I think we should all think through:
1) Respect for each other... Did you notice that Sen. John McCain mentioned Obama EVERYTIME as Sen. Obama. Each time Sen. Obama talked about Sen. McCain he called him by his first name (When he got it right... which was only about 30% of the time... Tom, Jim... )

2) Pride: When I am looking for a president I want someone who is humble. The entire time Sen. McCain never told you how to vote... IE.. he would state "The next President should... or the Next President will...." Each time Obama made these statements he would always say "WHEN I AM president..." As if your vote didn't matter...

3) Communication skills... The next president is the symbol of the American people and will meet with numerous oversee officials. 'Hobnob with snobs' if you will... We all have watched SNL and made fun of G.W for all of his 'Bushisms' that he is so famous for... putting his foot in his mouth.. Tonight McCain continually was on the point, confident and a GREAT communicator.. Never raised his voice etc... Obama continually stumbles on his words, can't get names right... Even at one point he was so far off of the question that the Moderator had to redirect him on this and state "The question was..."

Very interesting debate... I think Obama should have allowed McCain to give him a pass on this one like he originally wanted as it didn't help him show any strong abilities in my mind.

But that is my thought and I am sure many of you have others...

No comments: