Friday, September 5, 2008

Awakenings

Watched a movie called Awakenings with Robert Deniro and Robin Williams. It is the story of patients who are catatonic and seemingly unresponsive, yet a Dr. finds that they are really cognitive of their surroundings.
Through tests and experimental drugs he brings them back in the great Awakening that allows them to show that they were aware of their surroundings all along, even if they were not aware of the time passing.
A true story... What would it feel like to be a mind stuck in a body of stone. A Body that is unresponsive to any desire to walk, talk, communicate, etc...
So I have not been able to get that off my mind and today's devotional verse was:

If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

- Romans 8:10, NRSV.

So in essence we do understand that feeling as Christians. I know I do as did Paul. 'Why do I do the things I don't want to do; yet, the things I want to do, I don't do.'

God, I pray for the day that my body will chip away and free me to live as you intended, not paralyzed by this shadowlands but made FREE to be as you planed me to be.

1 comment:

Jena said...

Great insight, Curt! That movie was amazing!