Friday, April 11, 2008

Back2Back trip

April 8th, 2008 Back to Back2Back

This morning I got up at 6:00 am after going to bed at midnight. The Sun has yet to rise over the horizon, which is just beginning to form a reddish/pinkish glow at the bottom most edge. The Roosters, what sounds like a massive choir of them, are welcoming a new day. There are a couple of peacock calls in there as well. I can’t help but feel like they are thanking and Praising God today.

I am sitting on a bench, my bench, where I spent my same mornings last year. This bench is on a sidewalk with a lamp post on my right and a beautiful purple flowering bush on my left. At this point, it would be hard to believe the mountains are just out of sight off the horizon to my left as they are yet to be revealed.



As I said, this is my Bench. Last year I spent each night and each morning here where I am pondering what God was trying to tell me. Here I am again.

Yesterday we arrived at the airport about noon and started our 45 min to an hour trek around the mountain lines to the South part of Monterrey. That strange peace, or familiarity you get when you go “home” hit me as soon as I stepped off the plane I knew God had things in store. But What?





After getting lunch we had a fast meeting to get to know everyone. Beth G. (The director of Back2Back) gave us the story of Back2Back and then we headed to Casa Hogar Douglas. On the Walk I prayed for God to continue to confirm the thoughts of my heart. Yet just like God, He waits…

In ‘God on Mute’ the book talks about how God was silent for 2 days after Christ’s death… No word, so signs, no knowledge, nothing… but… on the 3rd day in His timing He broke all silences.

As we were walking towards the house, we saw 3 boys at the edge of the property. Immediately upon seeing us they started jumping up and down yelling “AMERICANO’S!!” the Americans are here… They awaited us with anticipation and joy!



Our effort was to make a deposit not to try and talk to them about God as the Holy Spirit and Back2Back dies this. Not to tell them God has a plan for their screwed up life. He does speak and He does have a plan, but many of these children do NOT want to here it. They are modern agnostics due to the hurts and circumstances they are in. Let me tell you why we were there:

Beatrice

Monica

Esmeralda

Fernando

Pamela

and Alondra.

They are all children I met last year. I remembered them and though I may have butchered the pronunciation of some of their names when I walked up and said their names. Yet their faces lit up with joy. Why? Because I knew and remembered their names. And a few of them remembered me. My deposit of one day, or 4 hours, from 13 months ago made enough difference that one in particular remembered me. This was to be my confirmation, or beginning of one from God.

About an hour into our visit I saw her. Alondra. She had been my guide last year. She and Esmerelda walked me around the entire property teaching me the Spanish for each item. Her smile could brighten the darkest day. He giggle could make anyone laugh. I went up to her and said her name. Her eyes brightened up with a ‘How do you know me’ look. I then said, “El Mono Loco” or Crazy Monkey. Her eyes flashed with recognition. I don’t know who was more elated? Alondra that I remembered her or me that she remembered me.

Yet that was not confirmation #1.
2004. Zehong. China. Jamie the baby. These were those that started me on my path to help the orphans. Yet I have not done what I should have. I have not saved, I have squandered. I haven’t alleviated debt, I have increased it.
God Forgive me.

The next step of this has been coming as God has challenged my financials. Now starting last Sunday pastor is teaching this. I want to be free from my debt in order to serve, I pray. He will help me. For He owns it all and if it is in His desire, it will happen.

The call is getting stronger and louder. I can’t wait to see how it plays out.
“For I know the plans I have for you. DECLARES THE LORD.”
Today I choose to follow you. Today I choose to do my best for you.

JER. 1: 6
“I don’t know how to speak. I am only a child.” (will we speak for them?)

Jer. 1: 5 “Before I formed… I knew you… I set you apart… I appointed you.”

Jer. 1:17b “DO NOT be terrified by them or I WILL terrify you before them…”

Jer. 1:19 “They will fight against you, but will not overcome you for I am with you and will rescue you.” DECLARES THE LORD

No comments: