Sunday, September 9, 2007

Lion Chasers Face Their Fears

So I decided I wanted to do something different as a blog today.
Pastor Josh had a great sermon in the Chasing the Lions series based on 2 Sam. 23:20.
I decided I wanted to summarize the points, topics and then put forth the questions that Pastor Josh asked you and I that were at church today.
The fun will be, I will answer some of these questions via comments, and I would love to see any who are reading this comment with your answers to the questions that you feel called to share.
We have a great connection at church but through out the weeks we don't all get to connect.
Here is a way to share our thoughts, hearts, minds and get to know each other better in a different and unusual way.
Sometimes we think we are the only ones that God is challenging in areas such as our fears.. yet in truth almost everyone else at church feels the same way.
I hope the experiment works.

Conditioned Reflex:
-Conviction is a Good Reflex (God given reflex)
-Guilt or condemnation especially over confessed sins is a negative reflex.
Luke 22:54-60 (Paul's reflex of denying Christ)

"It's easy to ACT like a christian but not always easy to REACT like one"
(QUESTION ONE: How is this true to you?)

Satan wants to remind you of your worst failure over and over and over again
(Question Two: Has this happened to you this week? This Month? Today?)

The grace of God turns final mistakes into Single Mistakes.
Encouragement: Look at the people Jesus put His faith in.
WE DON'T HAVE TO BE PERFECT TO BE USED!!!

Don't let mental Lions keep you from experiencing everything God has to offer.
"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of POWER and of LOVE and of a SOUND MIND. I Tim. 1:7.

(Question Three: What mental lions or fears are keeping you bound? What items are Satan using to keep you from being the person God wants you to be?)

Are you living your life in a way that is worth telling Stories about?

(Question Four: If someone was to tell you life story: would it be a Tragedy, a documentary, a comedy, a horror, science fiction, any other genre's?)

What are you afraid of right now? What is God calling to your mind right now?

"Your Enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour."
I Peter 5:8
"Resist him standing firm in your Faith" I Peter 5:9
"Resist the devil and he will flee from you" James 4:7

(Question Five: Am I resisting the devil or giving in to him?)

1 comment:

I'd rather be caving! said...

#1: Working in retail, I teach service. So when I receive bad service, I get impatient. It drives me nuts. I want to teach, train and motivate that person to do better. Which of course isn't the best thing as they don't know me. I also think this is true when driving. How many times I get cut off and I have those evil thoughts creeping into the back of my head. Oh I just got another while writing this... Gavin was SCREAMING in his bed because he wanted Apple Juice. It is so much easier to REACT negativly to that type of stimuli then it is to be gental and calming

#2)He does all the time.
#3) Fear of Failure. Financial fears, we have a tight budget down to the penny and no savings... This is the biggest one he uses against me.
#4) I wrote the question and I don't know how to answer it.... I guess Christian Living with some Comedy mixed in.
#5) This is a very personal question that I don't expect to be answered. It is more of an internal question. I would admit that there are many times that negative thoughts about myself are put in my head by Satan and I allow them.