Tuesday, March 9, 2021



 Church People

 

I’ve said before, one of the things I miss the most from my time working in Christian retail was the reviewing of Christian films.  Some were made for TV while some were Movie Theater quality.

 

I recently received Church People to review from Collide Distribution.  This movie is a comical look at a mega church youth leader who begins to question the bigger is better mentality of this church.  It all comes to a head when the Good Friday service planning leads to a decision to do a real-life crucifixion and the youth pastor is chosen for the honor.  Some honor! LOL!

 

You will find such a fun, well-acted, well written, comical look at larger churches that doesn’t condemn them but does help seek to bring them back to the Gospel!

 

I strongly recommend this film as it is a hilarious look at church, at pasts before Christ, and at seeking to remind us to remove things from our lives that distract from the Gospel message.  Oh and did I mention that Joey Fatone from NSYNC is the Worship leader!  

 

As a senior pastor at a church, I connected with some of this.  As well, I have been a part of a couple large churches and large church networks in my time.  I have heard some of these phrases such as needing bigger!!

 

Trailer: https://churchpeoplefilm.com/?vid=Xvnr8b4IkEI

#ChurchPeopleFilm #ChurchPeopleMIN #MomentumInfluencerNetwork

 

 

Disclosure: Many thanks to Collide Distribution for providing this product/product information for review. Opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.

No comments: