Friday, January 15, 2016

January 15th, 2016, Isaiah 40:28-31

Isaiah 40:28-31

28 Have you not known? Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He does not faint or grow weary;
his understanding is unsearchable.
29 He gives power to the faint,
and to him who has no might he increases strength.
30 Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
31 but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.


God's word is amazing!
Today in the midst of a Master's program, feeling tired, even maybe a bit overwhelmed.
Getting ready to help lead a debate team, nervous, don't want to let anyone down on the team...
I sit an am reminded....
Can you not hear a bit of the scold in that parent's loving voice
"HAVE YOU NOT KNOWN? "
You've see His love before.
You've experienced His care and protection as well!

But you are tired and have forgotten.... AGAIN!

Notice where your strength lies... IN HIM!
Not in your own weak, feeble, frail, mortal being...
But in the Almighty's STRONG, SOLID, UNBREAKABLE, IMMORTAL SELF.

He will give you strength.

But will your life be effortless? Will it be so easy that you never learn like a spoiled child experiencing the real world for the first time?
Think about an eagle. What does the Mother Eagle do?
When the baby is ready to learn to fly what does the mother do?
From the HIGH nests on the tallest tree's the mother PUSHES the baby out.
The mother says it is TIME to learn...
But the entire time the mother is right there and if the baby is to able to fly she doesn't wait until the baby hits the ground but SOARS DOWN AND CATCHES THE BABY ON HER BACK!
WITH THE WINGS OF AN EAGLE HE LIFTS YOU UP!

He will not let you stumble and fall when you are dependent on HIM!
So walk, Run, this journey of Faith knowing that your HOPE and STRENGTH is in the LORD.
Praise God that it isn't in me.

God you are simply amazing!
We give you our lives.
Lord I pray that we will all see that YOU MUST COME FIRST!
Above all else.
Our Job, our family, our friends. YOU MUST COME FIRST.
These earthly things are temporal but your are eternal!
I am so in awe that by giving you my life, my family, and my all that you give it back to me renewed, restored, and thus I am able to enjoy them so much better than I could before!

God I praise you!
With all my breath may I praise you!

No comments: