Friday, January 1, 2016

Jan. 1st, 2016 Isaiah 43:16-19

Isaiah 43:16-19

16 I am the LORD, who opened a way through the waters,
making a dry path through the sea.

17 I called forth the mighty army of Egypt
with all its chariots and horses.
I drew them beneath the waves, and they drowned,
their lives snuffed out like a smoldering candlewick.

18 “But forget all that—
it is nothing compared to what I am going to do.

19 For I am about to do something new.
See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?
I will make a pathway through the wilderness.
I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.

I was writing this verse out today along with the rest of a group who are taking a 31 day scripture writing challenge. Join us with the below link.

Before I wrote it out I read it in a couple translations (ESV my favorite, NLT we use at church, NIV and then the Message paraphrase).

I was struck with a couple words.
First is GOD's Provision! He parted the waters for the Israelites not just once at the Red sea but again crossing into Jericho.
Second is God's POWER. He not only parted water, created dry land amidst wet; but he can call up the armies of the world and lay them down. The Message gives the picture of them laying down. This is not NATURAL for a warrior... to lay down their arms, to let the battle stop. They want to fight! But God with a single word lays them down.

Those two tell me:
I must remember that no matter what happens this year GOD WILL PROVIDE! He has it all worked out before it ever crosses my mind!
I MUST GIVE IT ALL TO HIM DAILY!
Second it is GOD's power that is alive in me. NOT ME. I don't work in my power alone, because if I did then the provision would be partial. IT IS GOD who supplies the power to supernaturally love the unloveable. To have patience when mine is dry. To overcome the sin that 'so easily entangles us.' 'TO RUN WITH PERSEVERANCE THE RACE SET OUT BEFORE (ME, YOU) US!'

This then leaves me with a choice.
DO I TRUST GOD? DO I TRUST HIS PROVISION... HIS POWER?

If I do then the only outcome I have is:
THIRD: My CONSECRATION to HIM.
Consecration is the solemn dedication to a special purpose or service, usually religious. The word consecration literally means "association with the sacred"
Am I willing to let go of myself and CONSECRATE myself to GOD?
Am I willing in all things to be worthy of being ASSOCIATED with the SACRED?
(Yet as a human I dare not seek association of my own will... it is only again through GOD's PROVISION and POWER that I dare!)

Finally this giving into God's Provision and God's Power that leads me to a CONSECRATION of my life I give myself over to a GOD SIZED POTENTIAL.

For "Greater is He who is in me, than he who is in the world"

This will not be easy. It won't be even possible... on my own.
I must consecrate myself each morning, afternoon, and evening in order to allow GOD to consistently use this cracked pot.
For what am I but Balaam's Donkey speaking the words of God.
May I always be a vessel concerned more with pleasing my GOD, my PROVIDER, my LORD, than I am with pleasing myself, my family, my friends, or anyone else.

Thus today CONSECRATION has become my word for 2016.
My song this year will be by Frances Ridley Havergal "Take my Life."

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days;
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet, and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice, and let me sing,
Always, only, for my King.
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose.

Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee.

-written Feb. 4, 1874.

No comments: