Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Last Operative by Jerry B. Jenkins




The Last Operative by Jerry B. Jenkins.

First the Synopsis of this book:
Jordan Kirkwood's Career as an NSA intelligence officer has taken a toll. His two adult children are little more than acquaintances. His wife has been patient and supportive, but she deserves better. That was one reason they were going to meet in London. He wanted her to see Europe like a tourist. But horrifying intelligence confided to him in Frankfurt on the way changes everything. The threat is grave – worse than 9/11. And someone inside the NSA may be behind it all. Jordan’s deepest secrets – one unkown even to him – will be unmasked during his most dangerous mission, but first he must figure out who he can trust, with the fate of the country in the balance.

Now my thoughts… I was privileged to receive this book FREE from Jerry B. Jenkins by replying to a post on his blog. This book was far beyond my expectations.
If you know me you know that I typically have a large stack of unfinished books sitting on the nightstand. I love to read, to challenge myself with Christian Living authors, or to find myself taken to new lands, or worlds through fiction works. The problem is, like so many of you, my life, my career, my ADHD, all get in the way of my completing the book.
Upon picking up The Last Operative, I really didn’t have any expectation in mind.

I started the first chapter of this book and ended up staying up till 1:30 AM reading! In 3 days I had completed this book! Yes, it is THAT good.

Now why is it good you might ask. This book was a Christian Bourne novel. By that do I mean full of ACTION. Well, no. Well, sort of… This book was great in its simplicity. The story has its fair share of action but what caught me was Jerry B. Jenkins way of sharing info in the story line that leaves you thinking and questioning what happened. Then little, but little revealing that information to you in the form of flash backs to Jordan’s early years in the NSA or other flash backs.

This book brought me along on the edge of my seat watching and reading trying to figure out what would happen next only to come to the end saying, “WOW, I didn’t expect that!”

So who is this book for. Anyone! It is such a great story and so well written that anyone, someone who doesn’t read much, to someone who reads a lot, will enjoy this book!

So go pick it up today at your local Christian Bookstore! You too will lose sleep trying to get it read in the first night!

No comments: