Monday, May 24, 2010

The Revolutionary: Paul Revere by Joel J. Miller


I can't believe I have yet to blog about this book... WOW..

The Revolutionary: Paul Revere by Joel J. Miller is a MUST READ for any history lover. The book goes in timeline order to tell the story of a ancestor of an Indentured Servant to the life of a man whom we all know for his famous ride yelling "The British are coming..."

The Author's page has this to say:
He’s famous for the ride.
He’s essential for so much more.
The story of Paul Revere is the story of the American Revolution. Always smack dab in the thick of things, he was an ordinary citizen living in extraordinarily turbulent times. Revere played key roles in colonial tax fights and riots, the aftermath of the infamous Boston Massacre, the Tea Party, the Battle of Lexington and Concord, and even the ratification of the U.S. Constitution. In this fast-paced, dramatic account, Paul Revere’s life pulses with energy as it explores his family and church life along with his revolutionary contribution as a spy, entrepreneur, express rider, freemason, and commercial visionary.

I could ramble on and on about this book but if you are not a history lover it would bore you. Let me just say, if you like stories of faith, of how things took place in this very loved and very fictionalized time period, then you will love this book.

As well, I think the highest praise I can give is that my favorite history author has been David McCulllough, he wrote 1776, and John Adams (That was adapted into an outstanding Mini series by HBO). Well, this book and author are on the same par and level as those works.

Pick this up! You will not be dissapointed.

Now for the whole legal aspect I must point out that I was sent a free copy by the Author (SIGNED I MIGHT ADD) and by Thomas Nelson his publisher on this work. No fee's or promises for good reviews were traded for that free title... I truly do love it that much!

No comments: