Monday, November 9, 2009

God is Faithful

We all have our own ways to grieve. Some read, some cry, some laugh, some ignore... I seek comfort in music.
I have to recommend a CD for anyone grieving, It is BEAUTY WILL RISE by Steven Curtis Chapman.
I am sitting at a computer scanning photos while Mandy, her brother and Mom are in the other room picking them out. So I listen while I scan.
There are a large # of the songs on this album that stick out and help to comfort me...
but one in particular really sticks out. It is "Faithful"...
Here are the lyrics:
I am broken, I am bleeding.
I'm scared and I'm confused.
But you are faithful, yes YOU are faithful.
I am weary in believing. God please help my unbelief.
Cause you are Faithful, yes you are faithful.
I will proclaim it to the world.
I will declare it to my heart.
I'll sing it when the sun is shining,
I will scream it in the dark.

You are Faithful, you are faithful.
When you give and when you take away
Even then still your name is faithful
You are faithful
And with everything inside of me
I am choosing to believe you are faithful

i am waiting for the rescue, that I know is sure to come
Cause you are faithful, yes you are faithful.
And I've dropped the anchor in your promises and I am holding on.
Cause you are faithful yes you are faithful
I will proclaim it to the world. I will declare it to my heart
I will sit it when the sun is shining
I will scream it in the dark

When I can not have the answer That I am waiting to demand
I'll remember you are GOD
And everything is in your hands
With your hands you put the sun and moon and stars up in the sky
For the sake of love you hung your own son on the cross to die
And you are faithful, yes you are faithful
When you give, when you take away even then.
Great is your faithfulness
Great is your faithfulness
And with everything inside of me
I am choosing to believe you are faithful

No comments: